Suggested Reading on dyslexia & ADD/ADHD
The Gift of Dyslexia by Ron Davis, with Eldon Braun
The Gift of Dyslexia explains the theories behind Davis® Dyslexia
Correction methods, and details basic procedures. Large typeface, illustrations & photographs make this book dyslexic-friendly.
The Gift of Learning by Ron Davis, with Eldon Braun
The Gift of Learning explains the theories behind the Davis way of understanding ADD, dyscalculia and dysgraphia & provides tools for improving attention focus, building math understanding, and improving handwriting.
- Identify the early symptoms of dyslexia.
- Work with teachers to create an Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- Reduce homework struggles.
- Find the best treatment program.
- Help your child develop skills with the use of assistive technology.
- Plan for college and career.
How can you help your child deal with school and succeed. Abigail Marshall, manager of dyslexia.com, shows you how to:
Articles on Dyslexia & ADD/ADHD
- Reading Ability NOT linked to IQ
- Helping the Dyslexic Child in the Classroom
- Getting Ready to Read (suggestions to help a dyslexic child)
- Let’s Get Ready for School: A Special Time for Special Kids
Attention Deficit Disorder – ADD/ADHD
- Adult Dyslexia and ADHD: Effects in the Workplace
- The Fine Line Between ADHD and Kinesthetic Learners
Tools for the Visual Learners
Inspiration Software, Inc. www.inspiration.com
This is a link to software that is a wonderful tool to help visual thinkers write.
Interactive Mathematics Miscellany and Puzzles www.cut-the-knot.org
This interactive math site has all sorts of visual aids and puzzles.
Thinkmap Visual Thesaurus www.visualthesaurus.com
The Visual Thesaurus is an interactive dictionary and thesaurus which creates word maps that blossom with meanings and branch to related words. Its innovative display encourages exploration and learning. You’ll understand language in a powerful new way.
Home Educators Resource Directory
A great, user friendly site filled with world-wide comprehensive resources for the home educator.